Koh Chang, Thailand ~ Saturday, January 4, 2014

 I walk into town with a plan to go to the bakery again. I get there and it's closed for the day. Dang it! I walked all the way into town for nothing. At least it wasn't in the heat of the day and I'm thankful for that.
On Ian's recommendation I go to the Tiger Hut on the beach for breakfast. It's okay. Nothing to write home about but it's close to home.  Although this guest house is lovely, there isn't a lot around here and being I don't drive a scooter it is a bit off the beaten track and I've found that food isn't within 5 minutes away. I decide to hang out on the beach today. The water here is on the cool side of warm. It's even warmer than the Caribbean sea.








He's on his laptop!
Later in the afternoon I chat up a guy staying at this guest house. He's been here with his brothers and Mom for a few days, from Macau. He used to live in Toronto and speaks good English This is his second time staying at this guest house and he is a plethora of information on places to go, places to eat.
There is a fancy resort next to Baan Rim Nam called Panviman Resort. You can't see it from here but I walk past the entrance way on my way to/from town. He told me to go there for dinner and said it's a lovely resort. I plan to do that in the next night or two.
The guest tells me that his 70-year-old Mom walks the road from town in the dark. Hmm... maybe I can get up the nerve. I decide I'll walk back into town for dinner and walk back in the dark. I stop in at the Pharmacy and she sells me some antibiotics and some other pill. $15 and I'm out the door. Still coughing and I have wondered if it's turning into bronchitis. Easy to get antibiotics here. Hell, my Doctor at home has never ever prescribed them to me no matter how much I've been coughing up a lung.
The walk back in the dark is okay. Lots of people pass me by on their way walking into town and plenty of scooters going both directions. All the while I'm saying "thank you" to my friend Keith for gifting me with a lovely powerful little flashlight which I was so happy to have on hand tonight.
Ian has booked me an elephant trek for Sunday or Monday. The company will pick me up here at the guesthouse so that's a bonus. The cost is added to my "tab" here at the guesthouse and I square up with him on my last day. He even took my laundry into town and added to my tab as well.
I was thinking of taking a Thai cooking class but am not keen on spending 6-8 hours indoors and, really, I only want to earn how to make Tom Sum Gai so will scour the internet and hope to find the ingredients when I return home.
I kinda feel like I'm running out of time now and feel like I shouldn't "waste" away too many more hours on the beach. I booked myself a 3 1/2 hour spa package on Tuesday afternoon at the Panviman Resort spa and then am planning to treat myself to dinner at what Ian says is the best restaurant in the area. It's also the restaurant that has a cooking school attached to it.

Ian has arranged for my shuttle pick-up for my return to Trat on Wednesday. Such a relief that he offers to arrange all these things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Paris, France